There are 10 lessons in this module as follows:
- Scope & Nature of Entrepreneurship
- Is Entrepreneurship Right for You?
- Assessing opportunities
- The Role of Market Research
- Intellectual Property
- Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Operating a Business
- The Business and Financial Plan
- Launching a Venture
- Discuss the concept of entrepreneurship and identify the effect entrepreneurs can have on the economy.
- Identify requirements to become a successful entrepreneur.
- Clarify personal expectations, values, skills and experience.
- Identify methods of investigating business opportunities that are in line with personal and business interests and values.
- Discuss the importance of market research in order to understand potential customer requirements and market needs for a product and/or service.
- Explain the legal and ethical aspects of ownership of ideas, designs, etc.
- Explain and have the knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations affecting entrepreneurs.
- Identify and explain all factors and costs that need to be considered in starting up and managing a venture.
- Explain the essential elements of a business plan and the importance of financial planning.
- Explain the key concepts of marketing to enable the student to develop and plan marketing strategies relevant to his or her entrepreneurial venture.
- Describe various means available that can be used to launch and publicise a new venture.
CAREERS ADVICE FOR ENTREPENEURSHIP (external link)